View Single Post
Old 01-08-20, 10:35 PM
jackbombay

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 270 Posts
I think the tripilizer will work!

It still needs some tinkering, namely, I think I need to cut the 5 hole piece out of this current piece of steel and then put 3 tabs under the 3 chainring mounting bolts in place of the spcres, then lay the piece with the 5 holes on top of it, then tack it with the welder, then remove the tripilizer and weld it properly, right now to get the spacing correct I'd need to use 2 spacers under the bolts, which is asking for trouble, plus the chainring mounting bolts really aren't long enough for that, so by "stacking" the tripilizer I'll get rid of that issue. The 3 bolts that hold the stock rings to the cranks are maybe going to be in the way a bit, but I thikn if I space the granny ring just a bit further out than "normal" it will work. The 2 rings that came on the bike are 7mm apart center to center, if I spac the granny ring so its 8mm from the middle ring I think the chain will clear the 3 mounting bolts, fingers crossed...

Here you can see how far the 3 mounting bolts sick out inside the "middle" ring.