Old 05-14-20, 10:02 AM
ridethetown

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 2019 Specialized Diverge Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Bronson S Aluminum 27.5, 2014 Wabi Classic (Fixed)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
Please do let us know how it turns out. I was one of the ones that got the runaround from my LBS, who said Specialized said it wasn't possible to change from a 1.5 to a 2.0. Someone on here mentioned they thought Specialized would eventually change their tune about it when the parts became more plentiful. Maybe that's what has happened.
Alright, so I finally got the install done and have only had an opportunity to do a little neighborhood spin. The verdict: Near silence on even the roughest roads when the FS 2.0 is fully locked out, same familiar rattle when the FS is open, seemingly louder the softer the setting. I haven't had a chance to put in any real work yet, but I'll update after I do. So, yeah - I'm glad that I have the option of having a quiet locked-out ride and know I can deploy the FS when comfort trumps OCD over noise. A bit disappointed that it's not the perfect solution I'd hoped for.