Old 05-16-20, 07:38 AM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethetown
Alright, so I finally got the install done and have only had an opportunity to do a little neighborhood spin. The verdict: Near silence on even the roughest roads when the FS 2.0 is fully locked out, same familiar rattle when the FS is open, seemingly louder the softer the setting. I haven't had a chance to put in any real work yet, but I'll update after I do. So, yeah - I'm glad that I have the option of having a quiet locked-out ride and know I can deploy the FS when comfort trumps OCD over noise. A bit disappointed that it's not the perfect solution I'd hoped for.
Thanks for the update. And good to know that that part is available to purchase even at that inflated price. Curious if you did the install or had them do it? I've had mine out to look it over and check the headset bearings. It's not hard to remove/install.

Interestingly enough, I have a 2018 Roubaix comp that has had zero issues with the future shock. It's quiet, smooth, and works well.

My 2019 Diverge was the exact opposite. It always felt rough in operation, had a bad habit of bottoming out even with the stiffest spring, and developed some up/down free play over the course of the first 11 months. I had the shock worked on, they said they did a re-set of the spring. I assume it was just a lube up and kick out scenario and the fix only lasted about half a ride. The LBS was very helpful in getting a new Future Shock 1.5 installed. While it may lack the adjustability and overall smoother operation of the 2.0, it is definitely an upgrade for this bike. Now that a Diverge version of the FS 2.0 is available I may look into upgrading it when I get some new bars/stem.