Thread: Sore Calf
View Single Post
Old 09-13-20, 07:29 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
It's always just one leg and right now it's the right leg but can't recall if that's consistent. Now after reading about the pedal cleat position I just noticed that they don't match, so that might be part of the reason. One is positioned higher up on the shoe than the other. I'll adjust them to match.
At the current seat level, my legs have a slight bend in the down pedal and the stem doesn't look too out of whack but will measure on both bikes to see how close or far apart they are.

Zwift does tend to encourage me to mash a bit too much as I have a smart trainer and the resistance increases with hills. I put out an average of 2.0 - 2.5 watts/kg on my rides for about an hour.

I probably don't stretch as much as I should after the ride which doesn't help. Usually I'm dripping so much after my ride I want to get off the bike as fast as I can!