Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 1,939 Times in 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Do you only get this when on the trainer? To me a trainer and being on the road are not comparable environments.

Though for over 10 years I keep saying I'm going to get a trainer or rollers, I never have. Every time I try one or the other the experience is too foreign and to me... not enjoyable. So I just content myself with cadence work on my wife's stationary bike during the winter.

Hard to tell in the pics, but your feet look too far back on the pedals. That will work the calf muscles more.
Resistance rollers are the Only Thing. I've had my set of over 20 years. Look at SportsCrafters. IMO the floating thing is no big deal. I don't think I'd like it. The idea of rollers is steady on. They take a little getting used to. I started in a narrow doorway. Now I have a post next to my right shoulder. Makes it all a lot easier and safer. I think I've fallen off twice in all those thousands of miles. No tire wear, just throw your road bike on as is and go. 2 weeks and you'll be having fun. You have to relax and remember you steer with your weight, just like on the road. A little down pressure on the bar in the direction you want to move does it. Don't "steer."