Old 02-10-21, 01:51 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Not in the least. It's general fitness. It's not specific to his performance objectives, which is why he doesn't do it in June.

I don't think your weight lifting comparison is applicable. If I can do 500 watts for 3 minutes, that doesn't mean 500 for 2 minutes hurts less, or 450 for 3 minutes hurts less. It just means I'm probably more capable of doing it more often.

Pros don't do it during the season. That's specific fitness. There's a reason for that.

Your question is wrong, anyway, and I've stated multiple times what my exact assertions are: that being that on-the-bike training is more beneficial for your riding than gym training. And to bring that back to this particular tangent, on-the-bike training is specific training which is specific to your performance objectives.
Yes but a cyclist needs general fitness, too.

Wrong numbers. My analogy would be that for you 400W for 3 minutes is easier if you can do 500W than for someone who can do just 410W.

They also cut down all the endless base miles. Moot point.

Is it though? If you have 20 hours already on the bike is hour 21 as beneficial as 1 hour in the gym would be?