View Single Post
Old 01-22-20, 10:53 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve06119
I’m tempted to buy an e/bicycle but I’m a real traditionalist.

Thoughts/opinions? Thanks - Steve
Go out and try a quality one with a Bosch, Brose or Shimano STEPs system. They are awesome, I have a whole bunch of bikes which are all non-electric but I am planning on getting a custom one built (with Bosch Cargo Speed motor and Ti frame). Having ridden a lot of e-bikes in the past 5 years now I can say I love them. I will still keep riding non-e-bikes and do not believe one should replace the other but they are fantastic. It is fun to be able to go up a hill like it was nothing or for some people just get riding again. One test ride and it is easy to get hooked.

People are going to hate on e-bikes but most of those people have never ridden one or have ridden the garbage stuff. They want to sit there and roll backwards because this new technology scares them or something but honestly it is a game changer. I can certainly appreciate those against e-bikes in non-e-bike competition and the crappy throttled stuff that would make better scrap than bike but a good quality one is nothing to scoff at.

Here is a favorite article from Lennard Zinn (and the art of bike maintenance and of Zinn Cycles and the VeloNews tech question column):
https://www.velonews.com/2018/06/bik...cyclist_470738

For him it was a necessity to continue riding and you cannot hate for that especially looking at his bike. Titanium is just sexy and the hints of red set it off nicely. If the money comes in right I will also have a Zinn-E but a slightly different spec (as alluded to above).
Likes For veganbikes: