Bike Forums - View Single Post - Taking some time off, not exactly by choice
Old 03-18-20, 07:08 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3718 Post(s)
Liked 837 Times in 583 Posts
Was contemplating starting my 1 day a week bike commute on Fridays but our biz is taking a huge hit. Good news Fridays off bad news only getting paid 80% of my salary. If schools don’t reopen will likely lose my job entirely. I’ve been on unemployment before so I know the drill & I have a 2nd job that can reduce my benefits but also extends them. Meaning I get less but I get it longer. However the 2nd job is at a major home improvement center which has no controls over personal contact. Nothing like a nice solitary office job w little human interaction. The more I work at the 2nd job the more likely I am to get sick & create problems at home. Daughter lost her temp teaching job & wants to come back to our modest condo w boyfriend in tow. Wifey, a teacher has been sent home & is stressed my her out of state mom w progressing dementia & is not allowed to visit her. Had the pleasure of having to deal with someone’s lack of consideration last night

also found out a new guy on the overnight shift only 27yrs old is in the hospital with “a flu”

When I got home, took my clothes off outside rolled them in a ball & came in naked except for underwear. Washed the load & washed up. not really looking forward to going back there

Last edited by rumrunn6; 03-19-20 at 08:48 AM.