Old 03-23-20, 06:34 PM
PJ943 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
PJ943

Bingo, well done and welcome aboard, glad you found us.
Thanks Merziac! I've been lurking for over a decade, so it's really about time

Originally Posted by BFisher
Great looking bike, both versions! Call me a fan of these. Here's mine:

Hey, that's a real nice build! Looks like a great all-day bike.

Originally Posted by bikemig
I'm a big fan of the UO 8, 9, and 10 series. I've owned a few of them over the years and they are very dependable workshorse bikes.

This is my mid 70s UE 8. The bike came to me with the swept back bars so there is a mismatch between the bar and stem I'll need to sort out. I'm still working on the bike but I've semi-modernized it with an alloy crank and alloy wheels. I have a set of simplex stem shifters that I may end up using on the build if I stay with the flat bars.
Yeah it seems like a lot of hem end up being every-day bikes...this one looks like a great version of that. Those bars look really comfy. I like the porteur bars on mine, but it's hard to sit fully upright with them. Good sometimes, but next stem will be shorter on the front/taller out of the ht.

Originally Posted by dmark
Great build and thanks for the detailed description. My UO-8 I bought new (since stolen) in 74 was the bike of my teens and if I come acros one for a project I would snap it up. It did come with downtube shifters without "safety" levers, thankfully.
They ride great and are quite comfortable.
Thanks! Sorry yours got stolen...hope you find another one that you like! They're pretty common up here in the PNW, although I've seen people marking them up considerably on occasion.