View Single Post
Old 08-01-19, 04:44 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
I would have been a whole lot more adament intially in letting the lbs know that I was certain my bike was there, to prevent this disaster.
At seventy+ years of age, I am very aware that my memory is going. Trust me on this one. With that in mind, I did see it as possible that I had picked up the bike. But it was not at my cottage, hence my confusion, leaving me to the only possible conclusion that the bike had been stolen. But that is all there was for a while - confusion.

When I picked up the Quintanna Roo, one of the two owners expressed little concern, other than to suggest that things happen. I will be seeing the other owner, the collector, on the weekend, I hope. I hope also that he will offer some kind of amend. If not, no big deal. Its just stuff and stuff is not all that important to me anymore. And...

For what it is worth, though not a Cyclops, I do now have a decent bike to use for regular riding. My first ever drop bar mountain bike which has set me back about $46.00 CND...