Old 05-28-12, 01:40 PM
Traceyge

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Touring 2 that I use a Burley Travoy with

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One Tour?

I have done many tours with my Burley Travoy and have over 800 miles on it. I use it every day without fail through mud, rain, snow, ice, hot weather (what little we get here on the wet coast of BC) so I feel my review of it surpasses those who have never even used it.

Tracey

Originally Posted by Bekologist
my opinion wasn't 'uninformed' i don't own one but had inspected one and tried one out and saw one put thru the test at the bike shop i worked at.

I've also put in some time as a field tester of outdoor equipment. And pretty realistic about how gear gets put thru the paces on a bike tour, I've been bike touring since the mid 1980's.

When the Burley Travois was introduced at the bike shop i worked at and having tested it out and had it on loan being put thru the paces by the shop guys, found it to be fragile in construction, with suspect plastic clicking mechanisms, not built to withstand heavy duty use. also, the weight is distributed high away from the wheels, making the travois not the most stable.

Glad you've got it to work so well for your needs, traceyge. it sounds like you used it on your first bike tour ever.