Old 05-28-12, 07:05 PM
Torrilin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Traceyge
Like who cares how much stuff you carry and what others carry? Aren't we all individuals? Aren't we all entitled to do what we want? Why do people like you have to insinuate your way is right and ours is wrong?
Well, since the OP is carrying a quite large volume of stuff, and the Travoy will not handle as much volume... it seems to me that he'd likely find it quite unsuitable.

For my uses, the Travoy is also quite unsuitable. I have panniers and like them. When I use a trailer, I'm looking to haul cargo that can't reasonably fit in panniers. Y'know, stuff like air compressors, cans of paint, lumber, parts of a drum kit, things like that. Or I'm looking to haul more volume than can reasonably fit in panniers.

This doesn't make a Travoy a bad piece of kit. My sleeping bag is a pretty oddball thing - a 45F down mummy bag. Most folks wouldn't find much use for it. For me it's about as good as it gets, since I hate to be cold, and I wouldn't dream of camping in weather that was predicted to get down to 55F at night. The Travoy is rather specialized, like my sleeping bag.