Old 12-19-15, 07:20 PM
osco53
Old Fart In Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Yeah and I should add that one fat rider said that the tire we were playing with was known to be heavy and had too much side wall flex. On His advice we moved the psi Into the low teens.

I cant remember the maker.

"""But I ride pretty fast going down,, and we played with psi's till we found a sweet spot."""
"""And that "it may work for you but I ride faster than you" jab, sorry but no. That doesn't work either."""

Forgive me, All that was not meant to be a jab, but I admit It sounded like one...
We were simply new to fats and out with a rented Fat hard tail and found it to handle poorly going down drops as fast as we could because we needed to carry all possible speeds to the bottom to make it up the next hill....

I hope the OP took something from my post on how a first timers first ride on a hard tail fat bike turned out and how different,,
and far better the full suspension fat bike handled with us not knowing what to expect and no skill with those big tires.

And with our limited time on the bike we found that any psi below 10 or 11 made the bike very hard to turn in flat fast sweepers.
As the psi came up we could steer because we had less traction, less side wall squirm, I think...

Last edited by osco53; 12-19-15 at 07:36 PM.