Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by render ranger
My comment wasn't only about your complaints in this thread.

You also complain a great deal elsewhere.

"This morning a smaller car was abt my safe distance away, but it seemed to be moving faster than normal (speed limit is 25 MPH here), so I stopped and waited. Plenty of time to see me but the car just sped thru the crosswalk without even slowing down a bit (and the crosswalk is painted on a "hump").

As the car passed me, I noticed the driver seemed to be a large (more fat than muscle...and I thought he might have been "shoehorned" into the car this morning man. And he was just staring straight ahead. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!" (extra demerits for the fat-shaming here)

"This morning I had 2 moments on my bike ride, one with a car, and one with joggers. The car was just an ******* driver. The jogger was a near-injury accident."

"Don't forget a 30' dog leash AND head buried in a cell phone. I almost took out a cute cocker spaniel becuz the leash was across the trail and I didn't see the dog in the shadows until the last moment. If it was having trouble doing its "constitutional" before I got there, from the look on its face when I was bearing down on it, it was prob'ly leaving a brown trail all the way home.

Another is a couple stopped and having a conversation out in the path hidden from me due to a blind corner (and they had plenty of room to be off the trail)."

"Riding on the path this morning and coming around a blind corner (from both sides) was, what looked like a high schooler (there is a high school right next to this path) with a fairly full duffle bag hanging around his neck(!!??!!? WTF?). As I came around this corner he was passing a jogger and it required some quick evasive action on my part (he had no where to go except into me) to keep both of us from going over the fence and into the creek ~20 ft. below."

Again, you have many complaints about riding a bike. Time to cut back or adjust your attitude?
Nothing wrong with using BF to vent about incidents encountered when riding. Yes, some cyclists may seem to be overly sensitive to things they encounter while riding, but by posting they gain a good opportunity to see an incident through the eyes of others and may in the process become able to more objectively analyse and learn from it.