View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 03:33 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18354 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas
They were looking straight ahead with their hand up, which presumably was to block sunlight. While I can buy the excuse the sun as in their eyes, it's still not an accident.
Originally Posted by trailangel
I'd be riding on the shoulder instead of the fog line.
I agree...

One of the problems with the rumble strips is that if one is to the left of the rumble strips, one can't easily move right when traffic comes up behind.

The other thing is that the cyclist must also be aware of the sun in the eyes problem.

If the cyclist can't see, then the drivers behind him also can't see (so, proceed with that in mind).

That is a high speed, 4 lane hwy... One of the types of roads that I try to avoid. But, if I have to ride one, then I try to get as far away from the cars as is practical.

I do ride skinny tires, but that might be an argument to go fatter if it is part of a regular route (and the shoulder is rough, hard to tell from the video).

During low traffic times, I'll often ride close to the white line, or sometimes in the lane, but move over when cars approach (which the rumble strip precludes).

I've ridden rumbles... downhill, they can be really bad.
Likes For CliffordK: