Old 03-05-15, 12:28 PM
jade408

Bikes: Working on replacing my stolen Soma Buena Vista Mixte

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Pinhead skewers should be sufficient to secure your wheel, though there is no guarantee. A lot depends on where you lock your bike and for how long and how regularly. In NYC, bike theft and vandalism is rampant, yet dynamo lights don't seem to be a target for the thieves. There are one or two bikes locked up near my home 24 hours a day that have dynamo lights. The lights haven't been stolen! I don't understand it, but it's a useful observation.

You might want to secure your lights with some weird theft-proof nuts. I've thought of it, but I haven't bothered, at least not yet.
Hmm I park at home, I park outside stores and bars and stuff. Sometimes I use a bike locker, but I do use a cable lock for my wheel. I might think about doing another ulock.

Originally Posted by CrankyOne
We had a neighbor who wanted a new bike to replace her older cross/mtn bike. 90% of her riding is a couple of miles to meet friends for coffee and the rest is riding from her house to a local paved rail trail with friends. I suggested an Omafiets. No way, she wanted a real bike. She went through 3 bikes in four years and borrowed one of our omafiets for a few days while hers was in the shop and then ordered. "I wish I'd known about these sooner!" Hah!
My bike is a pseudo new school omafiets and fits my use cases well!