Old 03-05-15, 04:26 PM
exarkuhn15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jade408
One more question. Will I notice a difference in drag if I am on a hill
You will never notice it being on. Mine are 24/7 running lights - that's one of the biggest benefits of dynamo lights to me. People compare them with battery lights that last a long time, but most people don't ride with their battery lights on full force during the day. I keep my dynamo lights on at full bore all the time, because I don't have to worry about batteries.

I waited a long time to get dynamo lights, because I didn't want to pay for them, mostly, or was unsure of the benefits. I finally got the Shimano hub, and after wasting a bunch of money on cheap dynamo lights, finally bought the real German ones. Now I put them on both of my bikes, and on both of my wife's bike's too.

I would NEVER go back to anything else.

Good dynamo lights are always on, day or night, super bright, are good for seeing and being seen, and frankly it is very relaxing to never have to worry about lights being charged or not.

I'm someone who wants my bike to operate like a reliable car - I don't want to attach battery lights to my car, and I don't want to on my bike either.

Also, more than once I've been misidentified as a motorcycle due to my dynamo lights. Super bright, and I never feel any drag.