Old 02-24-20, 10:49 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2496 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Watch the lightweight cars on a freeway/highway sometime when there's a strong crosswind. Just like bicycles those lightweight cars often get moved quite a distance sideways by those winds especially if the crosswind is not steady but is gusting.

Cheers
What lightweight cars on the highway? Yours is a very scary opinion. Reminds me of my father (b.1923) talking about the "roadholding" ability of large Buicks and Cadillacs. So that's why we have Cadillac Escalades now that weigh over 6,000lb. Plenty of roadholding you betcha but you have 40 sq. ft of surface area on the sides for the wind to act on. Can you say 'zero sum' boys and girls? Back to 'lightweight cars' ... you mean like a Mazda Miata? A Toyota Corolla? Something dinky like that? I've got news for you. Even those toys (~2,000lb) are monstrously overweight by my standards and if we are to survive as a species the weight of those things has got to get to the hundreds of pounds for a two place vehicle! If the side-winds are a problem, active electronics can take care of it. How ever did we make it to the top of the food chain? Some days I wonder.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 02-24-20 at 01:05 PM.
Likes For Leisesturm: