Old 09-22-20, 09:56 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclist2000
Isn't your Schwinn a road bike?
It is, it is totally stripped down now, that was the cheap 1984 World Sport I got for $10, I am practicing on learning how to refurbish bikes with this old Schwinn. So is the Mystery Purple Vintage bike I picked up in June, that is a repaint and the person took all the stickers off that one so I don't know what frame it is, the bike shop thinks it's a Miyata, T-Mar didn't have any suggestions on the serial number as it was an odd one he has not seen before. For the Schwinn rebuild I am getting rid of the drop handlebars and I bought upright cruiser bars for that one, I'll put fenders on it and I'm actually going to repaint the Schwinn, the Goof Off someone suggested to removed the stuck on adhesive from the frame totally stripped the paint off pretty bad, so that ruined my chances of trying to just touch up tiny spots on the bike.

I am not a fan of the drop handlebars mostly because my back hurts from that position but for this Sekai I picked up it is the top of the line 5000 racing series and I don't really want to alter it much by putting upright bars on it, but I need to get the handlebars higher so I don't have to bend over so much when riding it.