Old 12-11-20, 09:02 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by lupeOO
I know that I am fine with the level of vibrations/shocks that I get from VIENTA5, which does not feature any suspension or shock absorbing mechanism at all, but has a much wider tire ~39mm. Basically, I do not know to what extent a really wide tire is responsible for a smooth ride, compared to points 1 and 3 above, and whether I can achieve improvements in other ways: grips / seatpost / saddle / tire pressure.
You will certainly feel a difference between a 40mm tire and a 30mm tire. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us can tell you whether you'll like the difference or not. Some riders prefer the ride quality of larger tires (they offer more comfort at the expense of responsiveness). Some riders prefer the ride quality of smaller tires (they offer more responsiveness and the feel of the road at the expense of impact comfort). Assess your bicycle riding goals (enjoyment, speed, commuting, exercise, recreation, etc.) and see if you can try a bike that has narrower tires just to get a general idea of what they'll feel like.