View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 04:49 PM
markii

Bikes: 1995 Giant Kronos, 1984 Trek 720, 1989 Trek 850, 2009 Batavus Personal Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah - I dislike haggling with a buyer when they arrive to purchase - and it is usually for no reason - or they state something I already disclosed in the ad. The items I list are described really well, have good pictures... and are priced at a very good price If someone finds something I missed, I have no problems adjusting the price when they arrive, but that usually doesn't happen. I've altered my selling strategy to remind them before making a trip that I will not be selling the item for less when they arrive - and if they don't like that I just skip over that person and move on to the next person.. or wait a week or so for the next person to inquire - because in the end the item is priced well and will sell.

Inevitably someone will still try to haggle - or still not bring enough money... I still need to work on handling those situations better... I do cave in still at times...

In the end each of us handles things differently - I am sure I lose out on money overall doing it the way I do ( and when I buy as well) - but I'm much happier after a good transaction with less money than more stressful transactions and making a bit more.