Thread: Spin Class
View Single Post
Old 08-28-18, 09:12 PM
coupster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
The local YMCA has a mish-mash of manufacturers and models of spin bikes and they all have dual sided pedals. But it is possible that your gym has removed the clips and turned the functional 2 sided pedals into pedals with only 1 really usable side - SPD. But before you spend any $ on anything or even sign up for a class, I'd recommend watching a class. There is only one spin instructor at the Y that treats the spin bike like a bicycle. His workouts are killer as they mimic the motions and demands of a real world bike rider - sprints, intervals, slog climbs, etc even single pedal drills.. The other instructors treat the spin bike as just another piece of aerobic equipment. They have the students bounce up and down on the bike, carry hand weights and do upper body weight moves while pedaling and other absurdities that no cyclist would ever think of doing on a bike. Great aerobic workout but not what I'm looking for in a spin class. I take a spin class to improve my outdoor performance not just exercise my cardio systems. You have to make sure your goals are in line with the instructor's, otherwise you won't get what you want out of a class.