Old 04-03-19, 03:05 PM
samsquanch357

Bikes: 2016 Allez, 6 CCM's from 48-74, 3 free spirits, 1953 eatons road king, 60's eatons glider, 80's piaggio bianchi, 19?? superbe and many many others...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kapusta

Huh. I’ve been correcting for a 50mm leg length difference for 35 years, and I’ve never heard that. For a long time I was going with a 45mm correction, but at some point it got changed to a full 50mm.

But in my case the discrepancy was caught as it was developing (one leg mostly stopped growing after an accident when i was a teenager). If you have been walking around uncorrected for a long time, I guess a full correction might cause problems.

I have a lifted set of shoes for clipless pedals. It was not easy to find someone who could do it, though. It is a bit more involved than just sticking a lift on.

Becuase most of my discrepancy is above the knee, it took a lot of experimentation to figure out what works best. For me it ended up being a 40mm lift (as measured under the cleat), and a 5mm difference in crank lengths. Makes buying new cranks a PITA.
yeah for my situation the 50% thing may have to do with it going for so long without being corrected