View Single Post
Old 07-07-19, 02:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Ultegra hubs are nice but for touring I want sealed bearings personally. I know some will disagree but they are all wrong

My favorite road hubs are White Industries T11s, they are MUSA, good quality but aren't super expensive (considering they are MUSA) and they also look nice. You can also get them in different colors and a bunch of different drillings as needed. If you are running a MTB or touring bike that is 135 spaced without discs they also make the MI5 which is a bit burlier (and can be done on request for 130mm spacing). Also the folks who work their are super nice and easy to deal with and they make other products which are fantastic and couldn't recommend enough.

I will say though that I like the finish on the Ultegra hubs, that grey is one of my favorites.