Old 08-15-19, 04:42 PM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by 20grit
I carry this: https://www.parktool.com/product/rescue-tool-mtb-3 It's bailed me out on most all of my bikes, new and old. Worth the >1/2 lb of weight.
And, like some other tools cited... discontinued. And rather heavy. Especially for someone who does not do multi-day touring.

Originally Posted by SurferRosa
I understand the 10 (nutted brake calipers and 2-bolt campy seatpost clamps), but what are the other two used for?
8mm Campy brake/derailleur cable bolts? Don't some Japanese derailleurs use 9mm? Perhaps if a cable slipped I could reattach, but I don't carry spare cables.

Anyway, (a) I bookmarked the Park MT-1 (better get it before THAT is discontinued too!), and (b) I presume no one has converted hex bolts on C&V bikes to Allen Key (was hoping someone had diameter/thread/length specs, and a source). Not a big deal but I might drag a few derailleurs and calipers to Home Depot one day, just to check sizes and then think about sourcing.