View Single Post
Old 08-30-19, 10:14 AM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
It’s been about a month and so I thought I’d share a couple of observations with the understanding pretty much everyone here is very experienced but just in case someone else new like me find them helpful.

First, tire pressure matters! My tires say 50 min and 85 max. Genius that I am I never really checked it, (although the guys in the bike store who seemed to give it a thorough check said it was fine but I don’t think they actually checked ) didn’t get a pressure gauge and my pump doesn’t have one either. it just felt fine so I’ve been riding for about a month with the pressure that came in the tires. I got it in my head to check it last week bought a pressure gauge and lo and behold both tires were at 40! I pumped them up with the rear tire at 75 and the front tire on 68 and I feel like it made a very noticeable difference in my ride and speed.

Second, another topic I’m sure it’s been covered but it has to do with how I was sitting in the seat. About halfway through the ride last week, I noticed a numbness in ,how shall we put this, a certain area and it totally freaked me out! I was sitting too far forward so I now sit back and high in the seat so the pressure is on my sit points and the problem seems to be solved.

Otherwise the experience has been amazing, I’m enjoying the big strides you make when you just get started and it’s very encouraging!

Last edited by CyclingBK; 08-30-19 at 12:17 PM.