In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
That is some serious walking!

I used to walk a lot more - but now I'm usually lazy and just hop on the bike. I walked on Saturday, though: my partner and I had to go to a training, and he kind of gave up biking and just walks everywhere. We hit around 5.2 miles for the day (and I was admittedly a bit sore the next day!)
Thanks!

Because cycling into work is so much of a hassle here (and actually, cycling anywhere here is so much hassle), I do a combination of taking the bus and walking. So I get some distance in there.

Then I've got an hour for lunch, so mostly I walk. During the spring, summer, autumn I will often do a 5-5.5 km walk once or twice a week, and then slightly shorter walks the other days.

When I'm taking classes, I will walk the 3 km between work and university at least once each week, sometime more frequently. And then it's 1.7 km from the university to where I can catch the bus home. So a uni day is at least 4.7 km of walking, plus a bit extra because I've usually walked part of the way to work at the beginning of the day as well. Sometimes I walk in between classes too, if there's time.

And Rowan and I will often go for a walk after work down to the beach and back which is about 3 km, give or take a bit depending on how far along the beach we go. It's a chance to talk without the distractions of technology.

Weekends are usually for cycling (and we do cycle after work sometimes too), so those walking distances are mostly accomplished over 5 days during the week.