Old 11-12-19, 07:01 PM
zouch
just a guy,...

Bikes: Klein (Pinnacle), Kestrel (CSx), Ibis (Scorcher, Silk Ti and Cousin It), Rock Lobster (Monster Cross/Adventure), Serrota (Ti Road)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
not clear who your question here is targeted at since you didn't quote anyone, but i don't believe SpecialEd "owned" Saturne; i think it was just a name they used for their rims, and then changed it because someone else using the name (or one close to it) objected in a legal way.
(maybe someone else here who can look at their Saturne rims and see if there is still an Araya logo stamped in somewhere, or some other rim mfr.)

personally, i don't think the SC frame was any different than the standard Stumpy of its days; it was just tarted up with some cute components and a different paint color. as i mentioned, i ended up running much wider tires on mine than what it came with originally.

i bought mine as part of a shop employee deal that Spclzd did to promote the Stumpys in those early years; we got them for less than the shop paid wholesale for the standard version. i suspect that's how most of them were sold, with the idea that when Joe Potential Customer came in looking at bikes and asked what i rode, i'd point to the Special Edition at the top of the line and say "one of those".

Originally Posted by Santuri32
Yes, I took those from the web in a hurry, so you know for a fact Specialized owned Saturne, now Saturae?

Wow 1.5" did the bike had a narrower chain stay width than the regular Stumpjumper?, I know they share the serial format with the 1985-6 team bikes and the '85 had narrow tires and narrow chainstay width, is the SC the precursor of the team in a way?