View Single Post
Old 04-11-17, 09:30 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
04-11-17

Front brake hose was installed and the GPS/Junction A mount was mocked up.

The front brake plumbing installed much smoother given the lessons learned when installing the hose to the rear. This time I started at the caliper and worked my way up to the bar. Details are identical to the rear in terms of cutting lines and fitting although this time I did get to use my 5/16 ratcheting box wrench. Unfortunately it couldn't be used on both ends.

Significant time was spent trying to engineer a hose mount out of the fender mount at the back of the fork. The way the hose rubs against the frame and fender mounting screw is not optimal. The $8000+ factory builds all have the hose just hanging in mid air as pictured but I'm not satisfied. Lack of internal hose routing on the fork is a major omission on an otherwise great product.

Technically an accessory, the Barfly Road 4 Max GPS mount will also host Junction A for the electronic system and was fitted in order to measure wire length properly.

-Tim-