Thread: Three Wishes
View Single Post
Old 10-13-09, 09:30 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zeppinger
Please enlighten me with a source or link to those ideas which have been shown to fail.
Forgive me for having a life outside the Internet and not necessarily having or needing a link to observe a trend that is actually happening out there in the real world.

Originally Posted by zeppinger
Massive policed force is a clear sign that whatever it is you as a society are doing to curb traffic violations is obviously not working IMHO.
Isn't that basically what I said in my previous post? Besides, what's the point of having a police force at all if not to curb violations of the law? If you aren't going to penalise people for speeding, drunk driving, hit and run or whatever else, you might as well just legalise the lot and have done with it. At least then people will know what to expect when they take to the road.

About the only thing anybody does to try to curb traffic violations is waste money on "education" campaigns, which people routinely ignore. Have you ever wondered why, with all the millions that governments spend on "education", that the death toll on the roads continues to increase? Have you ever wondered why, with all the billions of dollars spent on road "improvements" every year that people are wiping themselves out in greater numbers on the roads? Surely that suggests that something else is needed, and thus far, about the only thing that hasn't been tried is actually removing the law breakers from the roads permanently.

That is all.