Old 08-13-20, 06:13 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Cue
Didn't bother with waist hydration belt. Sweat drips to your lower back so it gets mushy there.
LOL! First there was "trench foot", then there was "mushy back"
Originally Posted by Cue
Tried mountain bike hydration pack, overkill and too much storage.
Yeah, that's what I meant in my original post in that I'm not looking for a backpack that will have enough storage to climb Mount Everest. Granted, if one is wearing a backpack, that kind of renders one's jersey pockets useless so maybe some kind of storage pocket would be useful, like to hold a pump?

I knew that if I searched long enough, I'd eventually find the version of the Camelbak that was roadie specific that I knew existed once... but apparently was so unpopular that it no longer exists :-(
https://bikerumor.com/2012/05/10/rev...ted-reservoir/

Camelbak’s marketing guy, Seth, is the first to admit this product’s not one of their top sellers, but the more time I’ve spent with it, the more I like it. On quick trips, it saves precious packing space versus a full pack while still giving me plenty to drink on those rides (more than what you’d get by relying on two full bottles!). And in big group rides or fast paced bunches, it’s easier and arguably safer to throw the hose in your mouth and get your hands back on the bar quickly than fiddle with bottles.

Last edited by PoorInRichfield; 08-13-20 at 06:32 AM.