Old 11-17-20, 10:05 AM
woodshed

Bikes: Yeti SB95, Specialized Expedition, Schwinn Corvette

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Too bad for all of us who are responding

I feel bad for you. You post as though you are requesting help and assistance in "feeling" better about getting into biking. All of us have happily shared our experiences, shared how we do things to make our riding more enjoyable, offer help to see if we can assist you in adjusting your bike, offering suggestions about riding frequency, ride length, changing up rides to allow for recuperation, etc, but after scrolling through each of your replies, I see that you have no real interest in making your riding experience more enjoyable.

You state that you bought an inexpensive bike, a 3 speed bike (one that most of us would not have purchased). You made your adjustments to fit yourself to the bike with no outside help. You chose a route that you will follow, whether or not it is a good route to build up your stamina, hold your interest, or even be safe on as a novice. When offered advice, which we all thought you were requesting, you reject all the advice immediately, by refuting what we offered as potential ideas.

So I say, endure the pain, endure the route that you don't care for, hope that you don't harm your body by overexerting on a ride that may be too hard to ride each day. Maybe you will get to a point that you might enjoy it, but that will be a mental choice, not necessarily a physical one. But that doesn't seem too likely, as evidenced by your replies. But I wish you well, as biking can be a great lifelong hobby, stress reliever, way to stay in shape. I have enjoyed it for 65+ years.

But don't close this thread. The rest of us are picking up new ideas of how to improve our rides, we are enjoying interacting by offering our own ideas, and enjoying the camaraderie of visiting as a part of the biking community. Great thread!!
Likes For woodshed: