View Single Post
Old 10-07-19, 06:12 PM
thepartsguy
ole skool cyclist

Bikes: Gitane Sprint, Kinesis Touring bike, and 1994 SpecializedStumpJumper M2 FS with DH fork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
keep on riding

Originally Posted by Sportdog
In my younger days I was a hard core runner, then took up cycling. As I aged my running pretty much finished up my legs but at 69 years young I can still ride. Not like I used to but my wife, age 68, who has been a life long athlete, coach, and trainer, challenges me to get out and ride. I cannot drop her, which frustrates me but keeps me motivated. We have great places to ride here and no real winter so I can do it year round. The MUT trails are scenic and except during the heavy tourist season aren't to heavily used. Then I rely on the indoor trainer. Scheduled for hip replacement in mid-November so hopefully I have a quick recovery. Got my fingers crossed!!!
Hope you have a rapid recovery. My dentist used to race and wore out a hip due to training, skiing and genetics. He took about half year to get back at it. He rides from 5-20 miles almost everyday now. Its been over 10 yrs since his surgery and he has done great. You''ll do good.