View Single Post
Old 01-20-11, 10:24 AM
southpawboston

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by AZORCH
It was like Christmas all over again yesterday afternoon. I unpacked a beautiful powder blue Shogun (great packing, by the way!) and was so pumped up I began to hold handlebars and saddles up next to the frame to sort of "eyeball" what the build is going to look like. We're buried in snow (again) today; school has been cancelled, so I'm only going to hang around the building for a couple of hours (it's just me and the custodian and his snow blower anyway) and head home to hang the cantilever brakes. Photos WILL be posted once it's built up, and I'm jazzed to get a frame that by the tape measure certainly appears to be a much better fit!

Enjoy the Voyageur, SPB, and watch the mail for a little something extra I'm sending your way. To everyone else, Southpaw Boston is a class act and I highly recommend him if you ever have the opportunity to deal with him in the future.
AZORCH, no way, your packaging won the prize. The meticulously cut and taped foam pipe insulation left no part of the frame unprotected. And I would have to nominate AZORCH as a class act as well. The transaction went as smoothly as possible. We exchanged a bunch of emails, finalized the details over a brief phone conversation, and then patiently waited for our respective frames to cross paths as they made their way halfway across the country to their new homes.

I can't wait to see the Shogun newly built up, AZORCH. You'll probably beat me to it, as the Schwinn will be comfortably waiting in queue for a few weeks while a previous project takes form. I will post progress photos!