Old 01-25-19, 10:59 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmach
As fear as lights being the best during the day, I saw a study once that said high vis and movement was better. From my own experience I have to agree, I see cyclists long before I spot their light during the day. I always wear high vis jersey and matching high vis socks.
You are correct and is the same experience I have found. It's because those riders have crappy lights or they are not positioned correctly. Just today I saw someone with their front light pointed down. Too many riders go for form over function which usually ends up with those tiny flashing LEDs that really don't do anything unless you are looking for it. A light used for daytime riding should be able to get the attention of a driver in the sunlight. This means that it has enough power and flashing patterns to do so. These lights do exist, but people tend to think that they are going to blind someone, or the patterns are going to cause siezures.....stupid.

But...the best is going to be a combination of good lights and bright colors, particularly on your legs/feet and tied into the rest of your kit so it really jumps out at you.