View Single Post
Old 02-08-16, 02:53 PM
grwoolf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tried the Richmond race last Thursday night. I tried the "c" group, thinking Id be ok since the target ftp is 2.5-3.2 w/kg. I've done the Sunday am rides a few times (get dropped), but this is my first "race".

As we approach Libby hill, I'm already averaging 3.2w/kg for the lap, sitting in the draft on the flat sections. i don't know if I'm doing the drafting wrong or what, but the people around me seem to be putting out similar numbers so I guess that's just what it takes. I blew up near the end of the first lap, I'm not even sure where since it was all strung out.

I enjoy zwift and the group rides (and one race) are great workouts. At the cat 4 level, I'm a pretty decent TT guy that can generally sit in any cat 3,4, or even masters open field without getting dropped unless its a really hilly course. I had a teammate with me who is a strong cat 3 and former state TT champ. He was dropped on first lap as well.

It was a good time and I'll be doing it again, but I was blown away by the effort in the c race.