View Single Post
Old 02-07-19, 02:42 PM
browngw 

Bikes: 1965 Dilecta Le Blanc, 1956 Royal Nord, 1972 Raleigh Sports, 1972 CCM Turismo,1976 SuperCycle Excalibur, 2014 Salsa Vaya, 2017 Felt DD70, 2019 Giant Lafree and others

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
My question would be why would you want to?

Today's FS bikes ride much nicer.
Uncharacteristically, I will attempt to answer that question, hopefully not offending anyone in the process. Firstly, cycling to me is not a "sport" nor am I a "mountain biker" or a "road biker". Sometimes I might call myself an "adventure rider" and I always have 10 to 20 bikes ranging from 1958 to 2017 in the fleet. I have around $200 in this bike and if I don't like it will be sold as have others that preceded it. I enjoy the bicycle lifestyle and the history and development that has occurred in my some 65years. I have ridden some new FS bikes at the LBS and was impressed with the performance and shocked by the price. I have a modern Giant Hardtail, a fat bike, a Salsa Vaya Adventure bike a folding bike, an English light weight etc.

This was just something new to enjoy rebuilding and hopefully a ride or two with a riding buddy who still often his 2004 Giant FS MTB even though he rides a 2018 carbon gravel bike most of the time.