Old 06-14-19, 11:39 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
bike's ready, I'm ready but OH! the weather

I have a feeling that next week when I'm off I'm going to get very frustrated. The forecast ( starting Sunday ) is for rain ( 40-50% ) almost everyday. Saturday looks to be my best chance for a ride but unfortunately I have a doctors appointment and other errands to run. For me this is all very depressing and reminiscent of what I had to deal with last year. Almost seems like there is some kind of curse on me that makes it rain every time I get some time off to ride. Either rain, horrid heat wave or high winds....those are things I can't deal with.

Well I did say I wanted to test my rain gear so no doubt that will happen. That said I don't plan to ride in rain if I'm planning a road trip and driving somewhere. I have a feeling if I'm able to do any road trips it will only be for one or two days if what the long range weather forecast predicts is true. Yesterday a storm front moved through that dropped 0.5" of rain in less than 15 minutes. I thought my car was going to start floating down the road. Total 1" for the entire day. I think I can forget about mountain biking for the next week altogether. I haven't ridden my MTB in so long that all the air has completely leaked from the tires. Nope, can't ride in mud, not my thing. All I can do now is pray that the weather algorithms are wrong. ( I kid you not, this is almost enough to make me apply for FMLA so I can call out from my job at anytime without risk. )

Well, yesterday the Amazon man brought my new rain pants. I also have a set of goggles that will fit over my glasses that I've treated with Rain-X. I also have a pair of water proof cycling gloves ( although they might have to be sent back as they are somewhat small ). I guess I'll get a chance to see how well all this stuff works although I'm not looking forward to it.