Old 08-01-19, 06:48 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
The thing about BMW(car) drivers, though, is that it's true. Not all BMW drivers, but many. Maybe even most.

I first noticed this phenomenon in Munich, where they're made. I later discovered that it's also true, to a lesser degree, in the US.

This isn't prejudice. It's my experience. BMW drivers have a certain reputation. That scares off since potential buyers, but not all. Those who go ahead and buy BMW's must know about this already.
This is prejudice.

You can't say something prejudicial and mitigate it by saying "This isn't prejudicial"

You are judging any entire group of people based on your limited observation (and it is limited, as you have in no way seen even 1% of all BMW drivers). That is what prejudice is.

Not to mention if you already hold this opinion, then your ongoing observation is inherently biased as you will only notice the BMW's driving like morons and will not even see the far greater number of them driving safely. So your existing prejudices will only service to support their own existence.