Old 08-19-19, 03:10 PM
sleutho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Technical Question: FSA chainrings with Sram Force Crank

Hello, I have a technical question regarding a cyclocross bike I am working on building up right now. I picked up the bike minus wheels and seat with a SRAM carbon compact crank, SRAM 10 speed Rival shifters, FSA 46/36 chainring combo, and a Shimano Ultegra front derailleur. All of my bikes are either old (8 speed or less) or new 11 speed 1x, so modern front derailleur compatibility is a little outside my knowledge. I had thought that they are all cross compatible but maybe not.

Right now with the current parts, the front derailleur rubs on the crank arm. If I adjust the limit screw on the FD so that it does not rub, it cannot move far enough and will not shift into the big ring. Also, the FSA chainrings are quite thick, so I am not sure if they are compatible with the crank. I eyeballed the chainring spacing as about 8mm. So one (or more) of the following issues is occuring:

Ultegra FD not compatible with SRAM crank (too wide of cage?)
Ultegra FD not compatible with SRAM 10 speed front shifter
FSA chainrings not compatible with SRAM crank (too thick causing outer ring to be too close to crank arm?)

Any suggestions for this? I am ok buying a 10 speed SRAM FD but am concerned about the chainrings presenting issues as well. Thanks!

Chrainring thickness at mounting tab