Old 12-05-19, 07:11 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts
I'm a late arrival to this type of bike...like the last few months! But I've made a good start with a couple of 80s bikes that my wife and I will be riding next year. And who knows, something even better might come along this winter.

1986 (I think) Stumpjumper Sport, bought from original owner. Kinda rough, rode hard and stored for many years, but should clean up well. PO says that she broke the original frame so Specialized sent her a replacement; she worked in a shop so knows what she's talking about. She also replaced the original stem with a Salsa. Build is a curious mixture: Specialized 'flag' crankset, Shimano LX RD but 'Deerhead' front, D-C brake levers but Shimano canti in front and the rear is a roller-cam I haven't seen a name on yet, but looks like the Suntour one. Also the wheels don't match, both have Saturae rims (different widths!) but rear hub is Specialized and front is Deore. Of course this doesn't mean those parts aren't original!

1988 (I think) Schwinn Cimarron, nice mostly original condition, bought from wrk101! And re-using his picture.

Last edited by Chicago Al; 12-06-19 at 01:06 PM.
Likes For Chicago Al: