Old 02-29-20, 09:31 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Town Pants

TL;DR: looking for lightweight wrinkle-tolerant trousers to wear after showering off the ride and wanting to head out to get dinner, in March, in the northeast

Working on plans to make the jump from day rides to credit card touring, which given the oddity of my one-wheeled-ride currently means almost everything has to go in a backpack (yes, I'm thinking of ways to add a rack, no, probably not happening in time for the first trip)

For riding in I'll bring 3 pairs (wear 1 + 2) of chamois shorts and/or tights, plus a pair of running tights I've been wearing over them for extra warmth. And I'll bring a quick drying swimsuit as a pair of "shorts" to wear around a hotel room, down the hall, etc.

But trying to figure out what I can pack in the way of light weight pants for the situation where I've showered off the ride and now want to go outside, in March and get a meal or play tourist. I guess I could pull the running tights back on, but unconnected to a ride, that's a bit much for a middle aged male able to crank out quite a few miles but not appearing exactly "fit".

Currently for day rides I've been packing along a set on Uniqlo "heat tech" lined pants, which have been a real pleasure as something warm and dry to change into when faced with a 90+ minute train ride home. But they're bulky and I need to reclaim some of that space for subsequent day's riding clothes. I almost feel like a pair of jeans would be more compact, though probably heavier. Classic poly dress slacks would meet the weight and volume goal, but aren't really going to recover from spending a day in a stuff sack tied to a backpack.

Sweat pants? But everything seems to be cotton.

Last edited by UniChris; 02-29-20 at 09:37 PM.