Old 03-02-20, 10:38 AM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I have never ridden a unicycle, so I probably am the last person you want advice from. But, I am 98 percent confident that if I was going to try one, I would want my load balanced between front and rear, so when I had my cycle loaded, it would balance with the seat above the pedals exactly the same way as if it was unloaded.
As I think about it more, it turns out you might be right. But not really so much for rideability, but rather because it's practically important to be able to walk along rolling the wheel with a moderately relaxed hand holding the middle of the saddle. My guess is configurations where that is workable will also prove rideable.

I haven't had any problems with the tool bag and water bottles and don't even notice when riding if they are full or empty though they are fairly central. But last summer when I realized my fare card was empty only after lifting the unicycle over the subway turnstile handed it off to a friend who had the same model in bare factory configuration and he almost dropped it in surprise at the top heaviness.