Old 10-20-20, 11:51 AM
preventec47

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mack_turtle
I stretch a condom over my head. protects against pregnancy and STDs, which are much more dangerous than bicycle accidents.
OP is a troll or a moron. not sure which. natural selection will take care of errors like that in the long run.
Well I didnt intend for this to devolve into a name calling affair as my original statement was meant to be light hearted but true.

Lots of people dont see it the way I do and that is fine. I am on no crusade whatsoever. I did learn one thing which i appreciate from the
efforts at research and that is the hockey helmet is twice as heavy as a bike helmet. It may be but it is not perceptible to me when wearing.
I readily agree that there are lots of reasons for bikers here to NOT wear a hockey helmet as you need no reason at all.... BUT dont leave
this discussion thinking a hockey helmet is LESS protection IN ANY WAY. if you want to know the bottom line. There were some seemingly scientific
explanations which simply are not valid. The Hockey helmet and BMX helmets with hard shells lie somewhere between the disposable bike helmet
and the motorcycle/football helmet ( i knew of a high school years ago that put face masks on motorcycle helmets and used them.
I dont want to nor am I trying to be seen as an expert here.... I just thought I would share one of my "goofy" (if you want) choices.

Just for fun, pretend you are a helmet engineer and you take a bike helmet and you work to make it more protective. 1st you add structure. You add a hard shell
and you extend the coverage below the ears to the jaw and to the base of the skull. Thats it. It basically doubles the structure ( weight ) Add in adjustability
and vent holes and what have you got ? A Hockey Helmet. Now is anyone here going to assert that the bike helmet before enhancement was more protective ?

Again, I am not trying to be a winner in an argument but we ARE talking about SAFETY and nothing is more sacred.... so it s good that everyone have the best understanding.

Then WHY arent bicycle helmets made like hockey helmets ? Convenience/Comfort and Aesthetics. I agree folks would not wear them. except morons like me.

Like I originally said, Laugh if you want. But no need to get twisted.
Likes For preventec47: