Old 12-13-17, 08:30 PM
wingless

Bikes: 2011 Trek 1.2 + 2016 Trek 1.1 H2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
wingless' 32 LED Wheel Spoke Light Model LC-D016

The safety during night operation is increased when the bike is made more visible.

The standard reflectors are important / helpful. A continuously illuminated rear red lamp along with a flashing rear red lamp is also very important. So is a bright white headlight.

Recently I added these 32 LED wheel spoke lights to increase night visibility.

The lamp assembly has 16 single color LED devices on each side, four red, four blue, four amber and four green. These blink individually to create a pattern when viewing the rotating wheel.

The installation and the operation are both easy. Install three AAA batteries and clip onto the spokes.

The lamps turn on and off automatically, when motion is detected. The manufacturer lists that best operation is at speeds above 12 MPH.

The lamps detect ambient light level so they automatically only illuminate at night.

The manufacturer lists the lamp as waterproof, without providing an IPC rating. The clear housing appears to be ultrasonically welded, w/ the only opening being the soft rubber battery cover. IMO, it is sufficiently water resistant.

The lamp attaches to the spokes w/ a three-point push-on mount, using three rubber gripping clips. IMO, this is sufficiently secure. I was able to easily position these to avoid mechanical interference w/ parts while rotating.

These are my measurements:
  • Lamp Only (with Battery Door and with Three Spoke Clips) - 59.9g
  • Lamp w/ Three AAA Batteries, Battery Door Cover and Three Spoke Clips - 94.7g
  • 6½" Long x 3-3/4" Wide x 7/8" Thick

This product was purchased by me using cash from my pocket. I have zero affiliation and zero agreement w/ the manufacturer or w/ the vendor.

Operational Video 1

Operational Video 2