View Single Post
Old 04-17-19, 08:34 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
It sounds to me like he just likes to stand & stomp. Anybody can do that at 50 rpm. Anybody doing that would likely break their components too. All the other leg muscles are irrelevent to him. Quads, just like pecs & bi's are show-y & easy to make big.

Dude needs to just isolate quads & glutes with leg-presses at the gym. Cycling is the wrong sport for him. Maxing out the stack with Ham-string curls & working all the other smaller, hard to gain muscles is just dumb. Why spin & make 30% more power when standing & stomping breaks components better? Why deprive his ego knowing he is so stong "regular bikes" just cant withstand his awesomeness?

Snarkiness aside, seriously go to the gym. Go to the hamstring curl machine and start doing 50-60 rep sets of the whole stack...if you can, that is. It'll smooth out your power delivery, be less stress on your bike, and you'll generate more power seated. A LOT more power...I quit going to the gym because lifting the stack and doing and doing 60 minutes of stairmaster (level 14, with out using the handrails) 4 days a week was just a waste of time after a while. I hope you get to that point some day.

For the record, to establish credibility here, I can not wear regular cut bblue jeans. The leg holes don't fit & I can't actually get them on. I don't break crank arms.

I feel sorry for your bike.

Last edited by base2; 04-17-19 at 08:58 AM.