Old 01-07-19, 04:30 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
Whoo! That's gonna need some work.
The shifters, brake calipers, front derailleur,crankset, and headset are original...oh and most likely the seatpost.

Speaking of work, my wife finally went back today afte a two week vacation. And I'm finally healed enough to start working out again. Also I have two Ironman projects waiting for me.
1. Returning the oem components back to my Miami Vice. But before I do I'm thinking of clear coating it... well see.
2. Which will be first, is installing 8 speed gripshift on my Carbon Ironman. The problem with gripshift is they come for campy, shimano, and suntour and I don't know which one mine are for. I'll install and hope for the best.
I've done this a time or two so that means it's relatively simple. The only problem you'll likely to encounter is the gripshift diameter is too small to fit my aero bars. So I have remove the metal ring with the allen bolt to make it fit. Unfortunately after removing the metal ring the allen bolt won't hold well so then I have to use washers and a pan head sheet metal screw to hold the gripshift in place.
Something like these pics show.
To clear or not.

Finally, gripshift for the carbon.

Disassembled gripshift.

Metal piece had to be removed to fit on my style aerobars.
​​​​​​​