• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10143 Post(s)
Liked 5,832 Times in 3,140 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Ha. Funny. Sad. True.

The other week, I had a conversation with one of the guys in my group. He was telling me about how he had run in to a female cyclist heading in the same direction, at about the same pace, out in the middle of nowhere, which launched in to how we're both cautious/reserved in such situations because of the creep factor... Thinking about it now, that probably comes off creepy, too. Anyway, giving a 'Kudos' afterwards? Mayyyyybe. Follow/follow request? Noooo way.
I have found the few solo female cyclists I’ve matched speeds with much friendlier than I would have expected and one actually kudo’d and followed me on Strava, unbidden. Recently, I had a great, fast 50 mi ride with some lady I met on the road and made a real point of offering to turn off and go my way, but she said she wanted the company and the challenge. No Strava contact with her, but she told me her life story! Go know. I am also being very mildly stalked on Strava by a woman in the area whom I’ve never met and who has actually made some quasi-inappropriate comments—something else I don’t like about those public feeds, not the comments themselves, but others thinking I have some relationship with her.

Last edited by MoAlpha; 09-16-19 at 05:58 PM.