Old 03-10-20, 10:06 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
As shown, fit/sizing is incorrect for what you are trying to do. No drop from saddle top to bar top is a clue. Why are the bars so high? If the saddle height is correct, then installing an 80mm stem would make the saddle-to-bar stretch more comfortable.

Hot Old Guy tip: when riding in a comfortable position, the front axle should be exactly obscured by the handlebar. Altering the saddle fore-aft position and/or the stem length will correct this if needed, as long as you don't get too crazy with saddle position and lose leverage on the crank arms. BTW, how long are those crank arms?

Three optimum fit measurements you need to figure out and know:
1) Center of BB to top of saddle as measured along the seat tube
2) Center of seat post just below the saddle to center of handlebars where it passes thru the stem
3) Center of handlebar to the ground when bike is vertical

With those three measurments you can get virtually any bike to fit you, or at least come close. Sure there are some relatively minor differences in BB drop and stuff that can throw it off but 99% of the time those three will get you there.
Thank you!

The bars are high because I've never bothered to adjust them. They're for another rider. My seat is adjusted to me, and the saddle replaced with one Robbie sent me. I've only ridden this bike outside for about 40 miles, the longest around 15mi. The rest were trainer. 20mi was the longest so far, per my training plan.

I just feel stretched out when on this bike. I can ride it in the drops and in aero, but it's always felt like I'm to my full extent. I would offer it to my husband (who is my inseam but a longer torso) but he seems to be afraid that he's going to break my "dainty" bike.
*sigh*

Last edited by TriBiker19; 03-11-20 at 11:49 AM.