View Single Post
Old 02-21-24, 12:47 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by bOsscO
Finally pulled the trigger on a new bike and now need to put pedals on it. For a number of reasons I'll use clipless pedals. I'm currently on Shimano XT SPDs (PD-M8100 XC race) and have been happy with them.
I could simply move these used pedals over to the new bike, or buy another pair for the new bike. I'd be happy with both choices I think.
But this also feels like an opportunity to try something new/different? I like the look of Crank Bros Candy pedals. Anyone have experience on these and willing to share thoughts?
I see Trek now makes an SPD compatible clipless pedal line too. Anyone tried these?
I've been using Crank Brothers pedals for years. Started with Eggbeaters, which I still use on my fat bike. For gravel I've used Eggbeaters, Candy and Mallet. I like that the latter two have a bit of a platform. Since the weight of those two is similar, I've landed on the Mallet as my pedal of choice for gravel.